Let's Start With A Story
And remember, it's not just about reeling off the boilerplate.
It's how you tell 'em! ...
- Think how you can tell it like a story
- With beginning, middle and end
- Seasoned with a bit of humor
- Keeping the meat for the middle (examples, data, substance)
- Allow time for it
- Video record practice sessions
- Critically review them immediately after. Then repeat!
- Invite feedback from a colleague, mentor or coach
- Formally rehearse (ideally in the room you will speak in)
- Get familiar with the location and the tech involved (slide operation, screen/s, microphone?)